Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Brother.

On Tuesday at 2:30 I received a phone call from Utah Valley Medical Center asking did I know a Matthew Probasco. They then asked that I come down to the emergency room. Not knowing the extent of his injuries I assumed he was in a car accident or something. Nothing really life threatening. I get there at 2:45 and I am greeted by 2 social workers. I knew it wasn't really good then. My brother had been found in his car with a body temp of 105. He had no pulse. They where able to revive him and take him to the ER where they regulated his temp and got his heart rate and blood pressure regulated. Then the Dr. and the police officer come into the room to explain the scene to me and let me know of his condition. Then they ask about more family and I have to explain our interesting family dynamic. Then they also recommended that I get my husband down there to support me. It was one of the worse things I have had to do in my life going into the trauma unit to see my brother. They then proceed to take him up to the ICU. They where explaining the brain trauma to me and explaining that he only had a little brain function that he could take a breath every 6 seconds and it was a shallow breath at that. They kept telling us that the prognoses was looking very grim. Yesterday morning they pronounced my brother brain dead. And they from there began the process of organ donation. I guess I am blogging this so people can know how much I loved my brother. He is a wonderful man and great uncle to our little Reese. I miss him so much already. It doesn't seem real. I love him and miss him and hope he knows how much we loved him and appreciated him. I won't be able to blog for awhile and talk about him in remembrance of all the wonderful memories we have together. But once the funeral and everyone has left I will be able to share with everyone our memories so everyone will know how great and wonderful Matt really was. I love you Matt and miss you.

12 comments:

Angie said...

Tara, I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Jessie said...

It is so hard to know what to say at times like this...we are very sorry for the loss of your brother. Just know that we are thinking and praying for you and your family.

Momma Twitch said...

Holy cow! Even though I've never met you in person, just know that we are here for you. If there is anything you need PLEASE let me know!

David S. said...

Tara, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm glad I got to meet your brother at least once. We all love you very much, and will be praying for you.

Laura said...

We love you and are praying for you everyday!

Norah said...

I'm so sorry for you loss. I'll be thinking and praying for you and your family.

Josh and Diana Lee said...

I'm so sorry to hear this Tara. You and your family will be in our prayers.

Tamber said...

Good Luck in the upcoming week. We hope all goes well and we will continue to keep you in our prayers.

Gary and Shelice Murphy said...

There are no words, but know your hearts are with you and with tears in our eyes we wish we could give you a hug and just listen!

love you all!

Kari said...

You don't know me, but I found your blog through Lisa B.'s. I'm am so sorry for your loss. I lost my own brother not long ago and know how it hurts your heart. My prayers are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Tara I read this when you first posted it and I just couldn't think of what to say to you. But you have been on my mind ever since so I knew I had to tell you that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

rowdystroudy said...

I am so so sorry. My heart goes out to you and your family.