Friday, May 30, 2008

I am officially STUPID!!

Well how do I start with my sad and stupid saga....I booked Jeremy's and my plane ticket back in mid-april. Got a GREAT deal only $200 a piece round trip. I go to print out my itinerary for tomorrow because that is when I am leaving and I notice a SLC trip in my trip log on travelocity. I think its because we are leaving from SLC and going to Atlanta. No, I was mistaken. I just noticed this today that I have booked Jeremy's plane ticket going FROM Atlanta TO SLC. Not the other way around that it should be. I'm so smart. I booked both of our tickets that day and I guess I just say ATL and SLC and didn't notice that they where backwards. Once again I admit my stupidity on this one. So what to do now, I called Continental Airlines, $900 bucks to change. Called Travelocity $775 to change. YIKES! So we started searching for a new flight because it would be cheaper. Luckily we discovered this a week out not the day of, that is truly a blessing. So we found him a ticket for $460 on Southwest but the catch is it flys into Orlando. Which has its pluses and minuses. More minuses that pluses. Jeremy doesn't get to see his family at all. And its all my fault. I feel like the biggest piece of rotten animal on the side of the road poo right now. Lesson of the story is pay attention or it could be a VERY VERY costly mistake. I am very excited to see my family but at the same time feel like I have cheated my husband out of his. I am very very sorry Jer and family. I truly feel awful. But I am trying to look at the positive side and see that at least we caught this today and not when Jeremy was supposed to fly out and it would have been in the thousand of dollar mistake. Either way $460 feels like a thousand when you are a starving student. But at least Jeremy is able to be with his wife and especially daughter at Disney.

2 comments:

Nick and Tiffany said...

Oh, that stinks, but like you said it's a good thing you caught it now. When my in-laws went on their south caribbean cruise, they completely missed their flight (they thought it was at midnight, turned out to be a noon flight) and had to pay $1500 for new tickets. Hope you guys have fun in Disney!

Jessie said...

Oh man!! That is terrible! I am glad that you figured it out before he was trying to fly!!
At least he still gets to go with you :)