Monday, February 9, 2009

All alone

Today is my first night alone with the babies. Reese was great! Brodie wanted to be hel the whole time which was OK but hard when I realized his oxygen tubing doesn't reach all the way into the kitchen so I am trying to carry him in the Bjourn which he loves we get stuck in the kitchen and then we pull off some of his leads in the process and his heart monitor starts freaking out because its not reading him anymore. My mom left me this morning and I miss her so much and so does Reese. She woke up this morning asking Jeremy where grandma was. It was sad. Hopefully we will see her soon enough. I am so tired, I think I am going to just veg on the couch for awhile since both babies are asleep. This whole experience with Brodie in the hospital and him being on monitors at home has been and still is very hard. I get so upset just thinking why are my babies NICU babies? I mean both of them in the same bed at the NICU..come on! But then I just thank Heavenly Father that I have been able to take both of my babies home and they are happy and healthy. They just take a litle helping out in the begininng. I love my little man, he is so sweet and realitively always happy unless he is hungry or wanting to be held. Reese has been awesome! She has been the best helper and big sister, I am so proud of her. It is really weird typing this post crying and smiling at the same time. I wish the hormones/exhaustion would level out by now! Here are some updated pictures of Brodie...

This is our family finally leaving the hospital (the other lady is the nurse walking us out)

This is Brodie's first night at home, Reese gave him her "B" to sleep with...a big deal for Reese

Brodie getting a bath

8 comments:

Tamber said...

So cute!..I love your little guy already. He is so cute. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I want to come by and see you guys. Let me know when you are feeling up to it.

Nick and Tiffany said...

I'm so glad he's home and doing well. If there's ANYTHING (and yes I stress that) let us know. Maybe we can have Reese over for a play day so you can get some extra rest. We love you guys!

The Ridgeways said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes, I so remember that feeling of why me why do I get NICU babies? I am sorry that someone else has to feel that way too. I am so glad he is home and he is beautiful!

floydfamily said...

I miss you guys terribly too! Nobody hair to put up before she gets food in it. No butts to wipe, no sweet babies head to kiss.... Nobody excited that I made them breakfast...I even miss Jeremy!!LOL!! Just kidding I love my favorite son in law. He saved me from the people eating couch many night... Love ya!

Dre Drea & Drew said...

Hang in there Tara..things will turn around. I am sure that youare a great mom and have been blessed with tow great kids :)

Valeni said...

Just looking at your darling new baby and reading about all that is happening. Congratulations to both of you! He is lucky to come to your family and I know things will smooth out in the coming days. We are thinking about you...

Jessie said...

I am happy to see that Brodie has made it home safely! He is very cute little guy. Good luck with adjusting to 2 kids at hime...it is not as easy as it looks...:)

the Braby family said...

Awe! He's so cute! Congrats!