Thursday, February 21, 2008

Cooking up some memories in the kitchen....

Tonight I was cooking enchiladas (thank you Lisa) for dinner and Reese was being really grumpy today (see previous post :) ) and I wanted her to be happy so as I was gathering the ingredient's, I let her have at it in the kitchen. She was getting the ingredients for me (not the right ones but who cares) and being a really sweet girl. So I put her on the counter with me and we grated cheese, she thought this was very cool and was enthralled with me grating cheese. She also was eating all the cheese that happened to fall outside the bowl, and then when I was done began to eat the cheese in the bowl. So the process had to repeat itself a few times and a few blocks of cheese later I was going to put the enchiladas together and Reese decided to help herself to a few tortillas. LOL. Some of our tortillas have love (bite) marks in them. :) Before I was putting the food together she helped herself to some green onions out of the bag and decided to munch on those too! Funny girl. Do you think she was hungry? When I got done and was going to clean up she wiggles across the counter and began to help herself to the enchiladas sauce. It was so cute and full of sweet memories of my baby girl and I cooking dinner together. We will have to do it together more often.

2 comments:

MKShelley said...

Trust me, now that you've let her help once, it'll never end! She will ALWAYS be begging to help.

floydfamily said...

Let her cook now, she'll never want to do it when she is a teenager