Saturday, October 27, 2007

Applesauce

Today has been my susie homemaker day, i bagged and froze 40 pounds of chicken. Yeah you read right FORTY POUNDS of chicken! They had a killer sale on boneless, skinless chicken breast but you had to buy 40 lbs so i bought it and divided it into freezer bags and now my freezer is full of chicken. I also for the past 4 hours have been making homemade applesauce. So far i have made 6 jars which are in the canning process now, i am about to mulch up another 6 jars, I got the apples and applesauce maker stuff from a wonderful lady in the ward so it has only cost me $8 bucks for 12 quart size jars of applesauce and i made 2 apple pie fillings as well. They applesauce is so good and all natural! I dont add any sugar but use a variety of certain apples so it is just naturally sweet. All the ladies in the condo's have made some as well. Also i made a taggie blanket for Reese last night as a template i am going to make some for my niece meadow, Reese loves it so i am sure she will as well. The crafty home-makey bug has bit me!

2 comments:

MKShelley said...

I want to see a picture of the taggie. What is that?

Tara said...

i dont have my camera but is a 12 in by 12 in blanket lovey thing, it has soft fabric and has fun and funky different kinds of ribbon all around it. Its cute. im going to make one for meadow for Christmas.