Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Rainbow Cupcakes!

For St. Patricks day I made rainbow cupcakes for the kiddies. Reese helped and Brodie watched. I got the idea from Family Fun magazine (I LOVE that magazine). They turned out really cute. They look kinda crazy when you take them out of the oven but when you cut them in half they are adorable! Here is the recipe in case you want to make them and you know you do ;) I think I want to do a cupcake party where I make the colors and the kids layer the colors and see how they come out. Prepare you favorite white cake mix (we used 18.25 ounce box) then divide the batter evenly among six smalls bowls and follow the following colors. Purple - 9 red and 6 blue drops. Blue- 12 drops. Green - 12 drops. Yellow - 12 drops. Orange - 12 yellow and 4 red drops. Red - 18 drops. Layer cupcakes from purple on up. Gently spread the color so it covers the color underneath. Cook according to directions on package.YUM!!!

1 comment:

MKShelley said...

YUM!!! I love that we've both made rainbow cupcakes in the last week =).