Thursday, January 21, 2010

The new "I'm fat"

I was blog surfing the other day and ended up at a friend of a friends blog. Basically someone you have no clue who they re but there blog is cute or something in there title speaks out to you so you continue reading.

Her blog post was on the new "I'm fat" of moms. What do we all want when we say "I'm fat" whether you truly believe it or not, we all just want someone to tell us where not. To validate the feelings that we have and to make us feel better. I'm not knocking anyone who has done this because I myself has done this numerous times just as a slip of tongue. I think is hard wired in us. But on to the new thing for moms...its "I'm a bad mom".

Really ladies? I think ALL of you are GREAT/AWESOME moms.

Lets do a check list. Alive? breathing?check. Doing good here.
Fed? check but have you tried to feed something healthy to a 3 yr old lately?
Clothed? check but when I am trying to dress my daughter when I tell her she is wearing jeans and she wants a dress make my eye twitch.
and MOST importantly do they know they are


LOVED? Big Check.

I'm not saying we all haven't done things we aren't great about. Everyone has had days where the TV is on all day or dinner consist of the same thing that was for breakfast but that doesn't make us bad moms. The fact that we are even worrying about being a bad mom makes us good moms. I mean what truly bad mom is sitting at home worrying about that?

I know we all have wanted to act like this at some point...( or might have behind closed doors ;) )




I am not posting or saying this because like all of you I am guilty myself of saying this and will probably say it again in the future. But we are all divine women and come from a loving Heavenly Father and as long as we raise our children accordingly I think we are all doing a GREAT job. So go give your babies big hugs and kisses and go about your day know you are and AWESOME woman and a GREAT mom.