Saturday, November 12, 2011

26 Days of Kindness

First of all I want to say I did not come up with this idea but saw in on another ladies blog and LOVED it. I am turning 26 in December and to celebrate I am going to go one random act of kindness a day until my birthday. I have to start in two weeks. I know it might sound weird but I think it helps all of us when we look outside ourselves and help others. Sometimes we can be an answer to their prayers and they can answer ours by us serving them and by serving them we are serving our Lord. I know that my birthday lands very close to Christmas and so everyone is a little more in the giving mood this time of season but I encourage all of my friends and family to look a little outside themselves in this busy season and see how a simple, it doesnt have to be grand act of kindness can make someone smile. So here is to 26 days of kindness starting soon. I dont want it to seem like I am telling anyone I am going to so this to toot my own horn as my mom says but rather to encourage and inspire others maybe to do it for their birthdays that may not fall around the holiday season. May we all look out for reasons to serve each other and strangers and in doing that we are being the hands for our God here on Earth.

2 comments:

Tamber said...

great idea! I actually printed out stuff to do my Christmas Advent this year as a service advent. I am going to have my kids do a different act of service each day of December. It is called R.A.C.K. ed (Random Acts of Christmas Kindness) and yes I stole the idea as well.

BFG said...

It's official. You are worse at blogging than me.

:-)