Monday, December 20, 2010

Peppermint Playdough

I made some peppermint playdough to take over to my nanny-ing job tomorrow for Reese and the kids to play with. I made it in Christmas colors, red, green and white. Here is the recipe I used, I liked not having to cook it over the oven.

1 cup water
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon peppermint extract (real or imitation)
1/2 cup salt
1 cup flour ( I used a pinch more, just make sure the dough is not sticky)
2 teaspoons cream of tarter

Microwave the water 2 1/2 minutes, then add oil and mint. Then add flour, salt and cream of tarter. I mixed until dough was playdough-y then divided into 3 small balls and colored two, one green and one red and then added glitter for what the hey , its fun and I love glitter. Its smells wonderful and I know the kids will love playing with it.

No comments: